- Why Choose Us?
- 16-19 Bursary
- Course Information
- Study Skills
16-19 Bursaries replace the Education Maintenance Allowance (EMA) for young people in 16-19 education. Funding to provide bursaries will be allocated directly to schools and other 16-19 education providers on an annual basis and they will be expected to administer the allocation of this funding. Schools will have a duty to provide bursaries to students who are identified as most vulnerable at a specified rate but have discretion over allocating funding to other students depending on their individual needs.
• To support access to post-16 education where there are financial barriers to continued learning.
• To ensure that most vulnerable students receive their bursary entitlement
• To adhere to the eligibility criteria and definitions of ‘most vulnerable’ detailed in the YPLA guidance
• To award discretionary bursaries through a fair and transparent system
• To allocate funding based on individual need
Please click the link below for information about the 2022-2023 bursary.