- Why Choose Us?
- 16-19 Bursary & 16-19 Tuition Fund
- Course Information
- Study Skills
16-19 Bursary & 16-19 Tuition Fund
16-19 Bursaries replace the Education Maintenance Allowance (EMA) for young people in 16-19 education. Funding to provide bursaries will be allocated directly to schools and other 16-19 education providers on an annual basis and they will be expected to administer the allocation of this funding. Schools will have a duty to provide bursaries to students who are identified as most vulnerable at a specified rate but have discretion over allocating funding to other students depending on their individual needs.
• To support access to post-16 education where there are financial barriers to continued learning.
• To ensure that most vulnerable students receive their bursary entitlement
• To adhere to the eligibility criteria and definitions of ‘most vulnerable’ detailed in the YPLA guidance
• To award discretionary bursaries through a fair and transparent system
• To allocate funding based on individual need
Please click the link below for information about the 2022-2023 Bursary.
The 16 – 19 Tuition Fund has been made available by The Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA) to help schools and colleges mitigate the disruption of learning arising from the Coronavirus pandemic. The fund is ring-fenced and must be used to provide eligible students with additional tuition as outlined by the ESFA.
Please click the link below for information about the 2022-2023 Tuition Fund.