- Why Choose Us?
- 16-19 Bursary & 16-19 Tuition Fund
- Course Information
- Study Skills
Why Choose Us?
Welcome to Framwellgate School Durham! I would like to thank you for considering us for what is an important stage in your life. At Framwellgate we are proud of our inclusive environment. Whether you are aiming to go into further education, an apprenticeship or employment we offer a range of courses to suit your needs. Framwellgate School Durham offers an education which is focused around the individual. We pride ourselves on building enrichment opportunities around the students who are studying with us . Each student has an individual study programme and will be given the opportunities to meet their aspirational goals. Students will have intensive support, tutor guidance and advice which provides a clear focus on study.
I strongly believe that students succeed when they are willing to assume responsibility for their own learning. All students are assessed at the beginning of their courses to establish the minimum standard of achievement they can expect and then work closely with their tutors to achieve their potential. Self-motivation, self-discipline and the ability to work independently are all key to student success. Our class sizes are small and allow for the very best learning environments, coupled with the rigour and support which will see the sixth form go from strength to strength.
We are very pleased that in May 2018 Ofsted rated the Sixth Form as ‘good’. Some of the highlights of the judgement that Inspectors recognised are:
- Teachers have high expectations of students.
- Teaching is tailored well to students’ interests and prior knowledge.
- Students on both academic and applied general programmes make good progress from their starting points.
- Leadership has established robust systems for checking students’ progress and attendance.
- Students and parents commented positively on the impact of interventions when students are falling behind with their studies.
- Students feel well supported and are offered a wide variety of opportunities.
I hope that you will join us during this exciting part of your life.
Leeanne Mersh-Roberts (Head of Sixth Form)